CALL FOR PROPOSALS Publisher: Springer Nature
Leaderful Classroom Pedagogy Through a Multidisciplinary Lens:
Merging Theory with Practice
- Soyhan Egitim, Toyo University, Japan (https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8980-4563)
- Yu Umemiya, Waseda University, Japan (https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4301-0834)
Revisiting our leadership identity each time before we walk into a classroom can give us an opportunity to re-examine what leadership tenets we demonstrate in the classroom and to what extent our leadership practices foster or limit our students’ growth. Leadership identity development is an ongoing and dynamic process and evolves through reflective practice. When teachers are involved with self-examination and reflection, they can access their underlying values, beliefs, and assumptions about language education. Through this introspective process, teachers can recognize their own limitations and biases, and the privileged position they are granted in the classroom. As a result, they can develop an empathetic lens that will not only help them understand the challenges students are facing, but also, stimulate their desire to collaborate with them. We believe that collaborative leadership between the unequally positioned teacher and students originates from this empathetic lens.
Hence, this volume will shed light on how teachers’ leadership identity transforms their pedagogical decisions and proposes a new framework, leaderful classroom practices which emerges through collaborative interactions between the teacher and students.
--Download pdf for complete description--
- July 15 - August 31, 2022: Call for Chapters
- August 31, 2022: Deadline for proposal submission (Please see the submission guidelines). September 15, 2022: Contributing authors will be announced. The number of accepted proposals will be determined depending on the quality of the submissions.
- September 15 - December 15: Period to complete the first draft of full chapters. December 15, 2022: Submission deadline for the first drafts.
- January 15 - February 15, 2023: Revising your chapters.
- February 15, 2023: Deadline for revised chapter submission (no longer than 5000 words). February 15 - April 1, 2023: Final blind peer review.
- May 31-June 31, 2023: Expected publication date.